Sunday, February 17, 2008

Won't You be my Neighbor?


What a beautiful day in the neighborhood! The weather was perfect today, just perfect. I spent the day in the park across the street playing with friends. We flew kites and rode bikes. This reminded me of when I was a child, spending the weekend afternoons in the outdoors. This desire, as a kid, to play outdoors was not just because of my rambunctious personality, but children’s books and television shows also encouraged this lifestyle. One television show that combined TV entertainment and reading was the Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood show. Thinking back I am now interested in who exactly Fred Rogers was, and came up with a quiz of these details:
1) Fred Rogers was an American…
a. Minister
b. Educator
c. Songwriter
d. TV host
e. All of the above

2) Mister Rogers often fed his ____ during the show.
a. Dog
b. Children
c. Fish
d. Cat

3) The show began in 1968 and ran for ___ episodes, the longest running show on PBS.
a. 354
b. 778
c.1,082
d. 998

No comments: