Thursday, March 20, 2008

Easter.

Across the street from our house lives a little boy and girl, and today when I came home from campus I saw them playing in the front yard, so I went over to talk to them. Talking to them reminded me of how much I miss celebrating easter as a kid. I loved going shopping for a pastel easter dress, usually with bunnies and little chicks embroidered on on them, and then finding the matching hat for the dress. My family would go to church then go to my grandmother's house. We would wait patiently while our older cousins would hide the eggs. When the back doors to the house flung open we all ran out to the yard quickly picking up and gathering as many eggs as we could.

Sometimes in this class, Children's Literature, I am reminded of houw fun it was to be a kid, reading happy-go-lucky picture books, and being able to enjoy our Holidays with all the excitement and fun involved.

No comments: