Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Princess and The Goblin.


I really have enjoyed "The Princess and The Goblin", surprisingly so. I had been told before beginning the book that I would not like it much at all, which made me nervous to begin. But, the grandmother's character is what really has stirred my interest in this story. She is such a spiritual figure, and since I am religious I really have connected with this. The themes that we have picked up on in class such as: getting lost, obedience, belief is essential to seeing; all have direct religious correlation. This also brings me back to my relationship with my grandma, who was the only Christian in my family while I was growing up. This connection has really helped me to enjoy this novel, and connect on different levels with the characters as well as the events going on in the story.

No comments: