Monday, March 31, 2008

The Hobbit.


So far I have loved getting lost in the pages of The Hobbit. The language that is used to captivate the reader is wonderful and very descriptive. My imagination paints the pictures as the scene changes, and I can almost put myself right into the story. Bilbo Baggins is, of course, my favorite character. He is extremely likable, honorable and has a desire to please people. I love how laid back and relaxed the hobbit creatures seem to be. They have nothing but time. The qualities that Bilbo portrays, are what make up a classic children's literature protagonist. He is heroic, but does not let that change him, he is small in stature and kind at heart in all his actions. Like Gandalf exclaimed in the beginning of the novel, there is much more to Bilbo than what meets the eye!

No comments: