Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Magic Soup


Today was a rainy day, and a perfect day for reading. I decided to start a new book because I did not have many classes, so I searched the library in my roommate's room for a fun picture book to read. I came across one that she has bought for her nephew and the title was just perfect for the day today! The picture book is called The Magic Soup and it was written by Janaki Sooriyarachchi. This book is a funny story of a little boy named Johnny who wakes up to a hungry stomach with no one to make him food. The vegetables here him howling from hunger, and begin to form a plan to come together and make a magic soup! In the end, the soup is made, and Johnny's hunger is satisfied.

Book 5: The Magic Soup
Author: Janaki Sooriyarachchi
Picture Book?: Yes
Posting Date: March 18, 2008

No comments: